MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- No information shall be collected at the clinic without patient written or implied consent.
- All patient information collected shall be used to provide a comprehensive approach to patient care.
- Information will be collected in a manner that ensures protection of privacy and confidentiality.
- Please advise us if your details alter so that our information is accurate and up to date.
- No information that identifies the patient will be released to third parties without consent.
- There may be circumstances where the doctor will be obliged to release details of a patient’s personal health information without their express consent- this may be the case if the situation was an extreme emergency, or if legally compelled to do so.
- The Bundoora Family clinic operates a fully computerised medical records system. All doctors and employees have individual passwords to allow access. Information is backed up daily and passwords changed regularly.
- Administrative staff with access to your personal health information have signed confidentiality agreements.
- Some medical information is downloaded directly into your medical record eg pathology results. These are encrypted to ensure confidentiality.
When patients move to another medical practice, we will support continuity of care by preparing a relevant summary of your medical records. When we receive a form signed by you authorising transfer of medical information, we will mail this summary to your new GP. There is no charge for this service.